We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is one of my favorites as a side dish with anything anytime, but it's also a one-pot supper if you want. It's certainly hearty enough. This will get thicker if you cook it a little longer, or if you make it a day ahead and reheat it.
What You'll Need
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, partially thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen Fordhook lima beans, partially thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cauliflower, partially thawed
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) whole tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons instant potato flakes
- 4 tablespoons small-sized pasta, such as acine de pepe or rosa marina
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, mix the partially thawed vegetables with the butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turning occasionally to blend butter and vegetables.
- Meanwhile, combine the chicken broth and tomatoes in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir in the instant potato flakes, pasta, and pepper. Pour evenly over the vegetables.
- Bake for an additional 40 to 45 minutes until vegetables are tender.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 281
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 7.4g 37 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 8.3g 17 %
- Cholesterol 31mg 10 %
- Sodium 634mg 26 %
- Total Carbohydrates 38g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.3g 29 %
- Sugars 4.3g 0 %