Barbecue Turkey Loaves
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The key to this heart-healthier version of meat loaf is ground turkey breast and old-fashioned rolled oats. Together they make for mini hearty Barbecue Turkey Loaves that will surprise everyone with their great taste.
What You'll Need
- 6 tablespoons barbecue sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, chopped
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce and the water. Add oats, egg whites, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, and salt; mix well. Add turkey, onion, and bell pepper; mix well.
- Form mixture into 6 oval-shaped meat loaves, and place in prepared baking dish; bake 30 minutes.
- Spread remaining 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce over the tops and bake 5 more minutes, or until meat loaves are cooked through and juices run clear.
Switch up the taste each time you make these by using a different brand or flavor of barbecue sauce! Maybe smoky one time, zesty the next, and so on!
Nutritional analysis courtesy of the American Diabetes Association
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a light and fluffy quick bread that's perfect for the holiday season. Our Razzle-Dazzle Raspberry Bread is studded with lots of sweet red raspberries. This bread is pretty enough and tasty enough to give as a homemade gift, but easy enough to make anytime you're craving a "razzle-dazzling" treat.