Black-Eyed Pea Skillet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a fast "one-pot" that's good for the family and filled with homemade flavors that everybody'll remember with love.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 (16 ounce each) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (14-1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add ground turkey, onion, and green bell pepper and cook until turkey is browned, stirring to crumble meat.
- Drain off liquid. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring often.
Go ahead and add your own seasoning favorites. Anything from basil to oregano, chili powder, hot pepper sauce, or Cajun seasoning will work!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Enjoy a healthier-for-you breakfast with our recipe for Loaded Egg Clouds (also known as "cloud eggs"). The "cloud" in the name refers to the fluffy egg whites that surround the yolk. Our recipe also features tasty sausage crumbles, scallions, and pimentos. Serve these egg clouds alongside some toast and fresh fruit and you've got yourself a champion-style breakfast or brunch!