Black-Eyed Pea Skillet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a fast "one-pot" that's good for the family and filled with homemade flavors that everybody'll remember with love.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 (16 ounce each) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (14-1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add ground turkey, onion, and green bell pepper and cook until turkey is browned, stirring to crumble meat.
- Drain off liquid. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring often.
Go ahead and add your own seasoning favorites. Anything from basil to oregano, chili powder, hot pepper sauce, or Cajun seasoning will work!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl features the perfect blend of fresh-from-the-freezer fruit, almond milk and honey. It's a healthier way to start your day, since each bowl is loaded with vitamins and nutrients. And if you top each bowl with a little granola and extra fruit, you'll be adding even more goodness to your morning meal!