Cornish Hens in Chianti Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you want to have a romantic dinner evening with just the two of you, whip up this recipe for Cornish Hens in Chianti Sauce. Cornish hens are bathed with wine and herbs, to give them a restaurant-quality taste that's unforgettable.
What You'll Need
- 2 Cornish hens
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 scallions
- 1/2 of a lemon, cut in half
- 1/2 cup Chianti or other dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Season the cavities of the hens with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Fold the scallions in thirds and place one in the cavity of each hen along with a piece of lemon. Place the hens breast-side up in an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the Chianti, butter, garlic, and rosemary. Pour over the hens, then sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until no pink remains and the juices run clear, basting frequently. Serve whole, or cut each hen in half.
Make sure to serve these with plenty of the Chianti sauce from the pan.