Herb Butter Roasted Turkey
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
They'll be asking for more turkey once they get a taste of this extra-juicy and buttery rich Herb Butter Roasted Turkey. The trick is in stuffing your seasoned butter under the skin and slathering it on top, too! This Thanksgiving turkey recipe is truly ready to be the star of this year's feast.
What You'll Need
- 1 (12- to 14-pound) turkey, thawed if frozen
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 2-inch chunks
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Remove giblets and neck from turkey. Rinse turkey with cold water, pat dry, and place in roasting pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Loosen skin from turkey breast by placing your hand between breast and skin, being careful not to tear skin. Rub 1/4 of butter mixture underneath skin. Rub remaining mixture on outside of turkey. Place onion and celery in cavity. Tuck legs under skin or tie with string to secure.
- Roast turkey 30 minutes, reduce heat to 325 degrees, and cook 1-1/2 hours. When turkey is golden, cover with foil and continue roasting about 1 hour, or until thermometer reaches 165 degrees in thickest part of thigh, basting with herbed butter every 30 minutes.
Check it Out!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 827
- Calories from Fat 428
- Total Fat 48g 73 %
- Saturated Fat 17g 86 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 93g 186 %
- Cholesterol 357mg 119 %
- Sodium 801mg 33 %
- Total Carbohydrates 1.6g 1 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 0.5g 0 %