Meatball Street Tacos
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In many parts of the country you can buy tacos from a street cart vendor to enjoy as a snack or on-the-go lunch. These are known as "street tacos" and they've become so popular, we've come up with an easy version you can make at home. Our Meatball Street Tacos are zesty in flavor and loaded with all of your favorite taco toppings!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 (28-ounce) package frozen turkey meatballs, partially thawed and cut in half
- 3 cups frozen pepper and onions, thawed
- 1 (1-ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup water
- 8 corn (or flour) 6-inch tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- cilantro cream sauce (see Note)
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook meatballs with the pepper and onion mixture for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add taco seasoning and water, mix well and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Place the meat mixture down the center of tortillas then evenly distribute lettuce, tomato, cheese and drizzle with cilantro cream sauce. Serve immediately.
To make our cilantro cream sauce, place 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, 2 teaspoons lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt in blender and pulse until smooth. If you would like, you can dollop these with some sour cream rather than making the sauce.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!