Pomegranate-Honey Roasted Game Hens
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
Pomegranate juice adds flavor and color to these spicy, honey-kissed holiday hens.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate juice (see Note)
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 game hens, split in half
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Pomegranate arils (seeds) for garnish
- Chopped, roasted pistachio nuts for garnish
What To Do:
- In a bowl, mix pomegranate juice, 1/2 cup honey, ground coriander, cinnamon, allspice, cayenne pepper, and garlic; pour over hens. Marinate, covered, at least 8 hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Turn occasionally.
- Drain hens, reserving marinade. Simmer marinade in a saucepan, covered, 10 minutes; reserve.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat roasting pans with cooking spray. Place hens in pans; season with salt and pepper.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until hens are just firm to the touch, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Remove from oven. Cover with towel and let rest 5 minutes.
- Brush each half with remaining honey. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and chopped pistachios.
To make 1 cup pomegranate juice, put 1-1/2 to 2 cups of seeds in a blender; blend until liquefied. Pour mixture through a cheesecloth-lined strainer or sieve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.