We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's more than one way to fill a tortilla, amigo?just try this and you'll see.
What You'll Need
- 8 ounces cooked boneless turkey breast, shredded (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup salsa, divided
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 (7-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes (about of a large tomato)
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Guacamole for topping (optional)
- Sour cream for topping (optional)
What to Do
- Place the turkey in a shallow bowl and cover with 1/3 cup of the salsa. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan, heat the beans, the remaining salsa, salt, cumin, and chili powder over medium heat, stirring constantly. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the bean mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with equal amounts of the marinated turkey, then the tomatoes, then the cheese. (Discard excess marinade.)
- Fold one edge of each tortilla over the filling; fold in the sides and roll. Place the prepared tortillas on a baking sheet, seam side down, and bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Before serving, top each burrito with a dollop of guacamole and sour cream, if desired.