Turkey Cacciatore Meatballs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sauce on the inside, sauce on the outside...plus a load of flavor in each bite! These turkey meatballs will have you saying "Mangia!"
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 of a medium-sized green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 of a medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, green pepper, onion, 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce, the eggs, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and black pepper. With your hands, combine the mixture until thoroughly mixed and form into about 2 dozen meatballs; set aside.
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Place the meatballs in the bottom of the pot a few at a time and brown for 2 to 3 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Add more meatballs as some are browned and continue cooking until all are browned.
- Drain off the excess liquid and add the remaining spaghetti sauce to the pot; reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Calories 1,204
- Calories from Fat 570
- Total Fat 63g 97 %
- Saturated Fat 16g 79 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 75g 150 %
- Cholesterol 365mg 122 %
- Sodium 4,568mg 190 %
- Total Carbohydrates 84g 28 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.7g 19 %
- Sugars 25g 0 %