Turkey Loaf "Cake"
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Meat loaf lovers will enjoy our Turkey Loaf Cake made with lighter ground turkey for a healthier version of this comforting old favorite that just happens to be perfect for serving on April Fools Day!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey breast
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups warm mashed potatoes
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
What to Do
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch Bundt or tube pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, onion, bread crumbs, ketchup, eggs, salt, and pepper; mix well. Place in prepared pan.
Bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until juices run clear; drain off any liquid and allow to sit 5 minutes then invert onto a serving platter.
- “Frost” meat loaf with mashed potatoes and garnish bottom edge with cherry tomato halves.
You might want to drizzle beef gravy over the mashed potato frosting to look like chocolate glaze. Feel free to decorate this “cake” any way you like. Happy April Fool’s Day!