Turkey "Pot Roast"
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There sure won't be any arguments from the family when you serve up this holiday-tasting dish on just any ol' day.
What You'll Need
- 4 turkey drumsticks
- Vegetable oil for coating, plus 1 tablespoon for sauteeing
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
What to Do
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Coat the drumsticks completely with oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the drumsticks in a broiling pan and broil, turning until browned on all sides.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat in a Dutch oven or large skillet; add the onion and garlic and saute until clear. Add the mushrooms and saute for 5 to 6 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Add the wine, tarragon, and tomatoes, stirring to blend. Add the browned drumsticks, cover, and cook over medium-low heat about 1 hour, or until the drumsticks are tender and done, stirring occasionally. Remove the drumsticks from the Dutch oven and place on a serving platter.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and water. Raise heat to high, bring the Dutch oven contents to a boil, drizzle in the cornstarch mixture, and stir until thickened. Spoon over the drumsticks, sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve.