Wrapped Up Cornish Hens
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wrapping these Cornish hens in foil makes them juicy. Finishing them on the grill makes them crispy. Doing both makes this a real barbecue treat!
What You'll Need
- 2 (1-pound-each) Cornish hens
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (1/2-stick) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
What to Do
- Wash the Cornish hens with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Split in half and set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix well. Dip the hen halves into the mixture, coating evenly.
- Place 2 halves in a 20-inch-long piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil and the other 2 halves in another piece of foil. Pour the leftover mixture over the hens and wrap tightly.
- Place on a preheated barbecue grill over medium-high heat and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the hens from the foil and place on the grill, discarding any remaining liquid. Cook the hens for another 7 minutes per side, or until the skin is crispy and the juices run clear.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 402
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 16g 24 %
- Saturated Fat 8.3g 42 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 25g 49 %
- Cholesterol 139mg 46 %
- Sodium 280mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 43g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 40g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've made a rise 'n' shine pastry that you can enjoy with your morning cup of coffee that has...well, a twist to it! Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Twists are pretty enough to serve for a special brunch, but easy enough that anyone can make 'em. Plus, they feature everyone's favorite combo of chocolate and peanut butter!