Cheese Stuffed Veal Marsala
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Start loosening your belt buckle for these babies! This Cheese Stuffed Veal Marsala will have you salivating at the thought of the cheesy, beefy goodness!
What You'll Need
- 4 (4- to 6-ounce) lean boneless veal chops (1-inch-thick)
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup canned beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry Marsala or other dry red wine
What to Do
- Cut chops in half horizontally to within 1/2-inch of 1 long edge. Open chops, and place between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine cheese and oregano tossing lightly; place one-fourth of mixture on1 cut half of each veal chop. Fold chops to enclose filling; press edges of chops together, and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish; coat chops on all sides with mixture.
- Pour oil into a large nonstick skillet; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chops to skillet; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Add broth and wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, turning chops occasionally.
- To serve, remove toothpicks from chops. Place chops on individual serving plates, and spoon pan juices over chops.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 395
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 23g 35 %
- Saturated Fat 10g 51 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 34g 68 %
- Cholesterol 128mg 43 %
- Sodium 704mg 29 %
- Total Carbohydrates 8.7g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 0.2g 0 %