Mushroom Veal Marsala
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The secret to this veal main dish is the flavor that the combination of mushrooms and marsala give off. They blend together for a flavor that's oh so rich.
What You'll Need
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound veal scaloppini (1/4-inch-thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup dry Marsala (see note)
What to Do
- Rub first 3 ingredients over veal. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add half of veal; cook 2 minutes on each side or until light golden. Remove veal from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining veal.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to empty skillet; cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 3 minutes until tender.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining 3 ingredients; add to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thick and bubbly. Serve over veal.
Marsala is a smoky-flavored Italian wine. You can substitute 1/3 cup dry white wine plus 1 teaspoon brandy for Marsala, or simply use 1/3 cup white grape juice.