Veal Chops with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sun-dried tomatoes are showing up in all sorts of great recipes, and the first time I tasted them in this, I knew it was a dish that was going to be showing up on my table again and again!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 veal rib chops (about 2 pounds total), 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and cut in half
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place the flour in a shallow dish and coat the chops evenly with the flour.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and brown the chops for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove the chops to a platter and add the remaining ingredients to the skillet; mix well.
- Return the chops to the skillet and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 to 6 more minutes, or to desired doneness.
For even more sun-dried tomato flavor, brown the chops in the oil from the tomatoes instead of in olive oil.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Enjoy a healthier-for-you breakfast with our recipe for Loaded Egg Clouds (also known as "cloud eggs"). The "cloud" in the name refers to the fluffy egg whites that surround the yolk. Our recipe also features tasty sausage crumbles, scallions, and pimentos. Serve these egg clouds alongside some toast and fresh fruit and you've got yourself a champion-style breakfast or brunch!