We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
My mom used to make fricassee with mini-meatballs and chicken wings, but this version uses veal stew meat. It sure is a nice change!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 pounds veal stew meat
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 6 medium-sized carrots, cut into -inch chunks
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons browning and seasoning sauce
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (about 2 cups)
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a 2-quart covered casserole dish, combine the veal, onion, wine, carrots, bouillon cubes, bay leaves, thyme, salt, and pepper; mix well. Cover and bake for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, flour, and browning sauce until no lumps remain. Slowly pour the milk mixture into the casserole dish, stirring constantly until thickened. Stir in the mushrooms and bake, uncovered, for 20 to 30 more minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Enjoy a healthier-for-you breakfast with our recipe for Loaded Egg Clouds (also known as "cloud eggs"). The "cloud" in the name refers to the fluffy egg whites that surround the yolk. Our recipe also features tasty sausage crumbles, scallions, and pimentos. Serve these egg clouds alongside some toast and fresh fruit and you've got yourself a champion-style breakfast or brunch!