We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In my original paprikash recipe I sautéed the meat in butter and oil. Here I eliminate them and brown the meat in a nonstick skillet. The tastes from the vegetables and spices keep this one a real winner!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds veal stew meat, well-trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (14½ ounces) peeled whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Brown the veal in a nonstick soup pot over high heat, draining any excess liquid.
- Add the onions and mushrooms and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are tender. Add the tomatoes and their juice, the bay leaf, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cover and reduce the heat to low; simmer for 45 minutes, or until the meat is tender.
- Be sure to remove the bay leaf before serving.
Serve this over warm cooked noodles for an all-in-one meal.