Veal with Artichoke Hearts
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Maybe it's time to add veal cutlets to your dinner repertoire. They're light, lean and tender as can be. Saute your cutlets with canned artichoke hearts and a splash of lemon, and get ready for the raves to pour in.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound veal cutlets, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper; mix well. Coat veal cutlets with flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add coated veal cutlets and brown on both sides. Add artichoke hearts, lemon juice, and wine; mix well. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Depending on the size of the veal cutlets, they can be left whole or cut into smaller medallions before cooking.