Amazing Asparagus Quiche
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Get a taste of the spring with our recipe for Amazing Asparagus Quiche. This quiche is good enough to take along to a picnic, serve to Mom at a surprise brunch, or make any time you're craving a flavorful breakfast quiche! It really is amazing!
What You'll Need
- 1 refrigerated rolled pie crust (from a 15-ounce package)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 11 spears fresh asparagus, cut into 4-inch lengths, lightly blanched
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cheeses; mix well and sprinkle evenly over pie crust. Place asparagus spears over cheese in shape of sunburst. (See photo.)
- In a small bowl,whisk eggs, half-and-half, onion powder, and pepper until thoroughly combined. Pour over asparagus.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until firm and a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes, then slice and serve.
- Frozen asparagus spears work just as well.
- Check out our recipe for roasted asparagus -- what a great way to enjoy this springtime vegetable!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're new to the world of "melting potatoes," then you're in for a real treat! Melting potatoes are potatoes that are crispy on the outside and melty-delicious on the inside. We used sweet potatoes in this recipe to make a version that's perfect for Thanksgiving. Our Melting Sweet Potatoes feature a maple glaze and a pecan topping for extra goodness.