Baked Eggplant Parmigiana
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who says you have to choose between great taste and good health? With our recipe for Baked Eggplant Parmigiana, you can enjoy both! We're sure you'll find yourself making this Italian favorite even when you're not thinking about lightening up!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large eggplant, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 large rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and oregano; mix well. In another shallow dish, place flour. In a third shallow dish, place eggs.
- Dip eggplant slices in flour, then egg, then bread crumb mixture, coating completely with each. Arrange eggplant in a single layer on baking sheets. Lightly coat tops of eggplant with cooking spray.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden. Spoon spaghetti sauce evenly over eggplant, then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 8 to 10 additional minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Wanna eat healthier but don't want to sacrifice taste? Have we got the cookbook for you! Check out our latest collaboration with the American Diabetes Association, Hello Taste, Goodbye Guilt!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 151
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8g 7 %
- Saturated Fat 1.9g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 8.0g 16 %
- Cholesterol 68mg 23 %
- Sodium 377mg 16 %
- Total Carbohydrates 20g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.8g 15 %
- Sugars 4.6g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can count on lots of crispy edges when you make our recipe for Sheet Pan Mac 'n' Cheese! If your regular macaroni and cheese recipe is getting too routine, then you'll love this unique way of making a classic, cheesy, favorite. This is one the whole family will cheer for!