Caprese Stuffed Portobellos
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a meatless meal idea that's actually pretty "meaty." You see, when you cook portobello mushrooms they almost taste like steak, which makes them great for anyone who's a little wary of going meatless. Plus, our Caprese Stuffed Portobellos feature a complementary combo of tomatoes, cheese, and balsamic glaze. All in all, this is one tasty idea!
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large portabello mushrooms, stems removed and cleaned
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into 12 slices
- 1 (8-ounce) ball fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 8 slices
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Balsamic glaze for drizzling
- Black pepper for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic powder, and salt; mix well. Brush both sides of mushrooms with butter mixture and place on baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes or until soft.
- Arrange tomato and cheese slices in an overlapping pattern on mushrooms. Return to oven and heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese is slightly melted.
- Top with basil and a drizzle of balsamic glaze, sprinkle with black pepper, and serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We know that some of you like to eat a little lighter during the holidays, so we decided to come up with a new dish that's perfect for Christmas dinner. Our Holiday Stuffed Fish Fillets start with some U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets that are perfectly seasoned, and then stuffed with traditional festive flavors. When you top it with the melted butter and bake it off, you'll have a fresh-tasting Christmas dinner that might just become a new yearly tradition.