The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Tasty, Easy Vegetable Recipes: 35 Vegetable Side Dishes, Dinners, and More
Caprese Stuffed Portobellos
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Here's a meatless meal idea that's actually pretty "meaty." You see, when you cook portobello mushrooms they almost taste like steak, which makes them great for anyone who's a little wary of going meatless. Plus, our Caprese Stuffed Portobellos feature a complementary combo of tomatoes, cheese, and balsamic glaze. All in all, this is one tasty idea!
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large portabello mushrooms, stems removed and cleaned
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into 12 slices
- 1 (8-ounce) ball fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 8 slices
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Balsamic glaze for drizzling
- Black pepper for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic powder, and salt; mix well. Brush both sides of mushrooms with butter mixture and place on baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes or until soft.
- Arrange tomato and cheese slices in an overlapping pattern on mushrooms. Return to oven and heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese is slightly melted.
- Top with basil and a drizzle of balsamic glaze, sprinkle with black pepper, and serve.
- You can find balsamic glaze in your supermarket next to the vinegars. You can also make your own by following our very simple recipe.
- If you're looking for more meatless meal ideas, check out our collection of Vegetarian Recipes That'll Fill You Up.