Cheesy Skillet Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want a veggie dish that tastes like a meal right from the chuck wagon? Here it is! Cheesy Skillet Beans goes with any outdoor party or, come to think of it, any indoor party, also.
What You'll Need
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16-ounce) can pork and beans or vegetarian beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 (9- or 10-ounce) packages frozen green beans, thawed
- 3/4 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter for about 5 minutes. Add pork and beans, garbanzo beans, green beans, and barbecue sauce; heat until bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with cheese; heat until cheese melts.
Sometimes we use white beans or black-eyed peas instead of the garbanzos. And add your own seasonings or even more veggies. It all works.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It's time to pinch pennies, so picking up a pack or two of chicken thighs will help you do that. But just because chicken thighs are a bargain doesn't mean they have to taste like a budget meal. Our recipe for Teriyaki Chicken Thighs proves it!