We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A friend of the Test Kitchen, Sherry Gore, shared this special recipe with us that she would make with her children when they were growing up. The perfect warm-weather recipe, Corn-Stuffed Tomatoes, is our favorite way to use up the bountiful harvest from our summer garden!
What You'll Need
- 6 large tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp or save for another purpose. Sprinkle salt inside each tomato, then invert on paper towels to drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Spoon mixture evenly into tomatoes and place in an ungreased 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 167
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 2.7g 14 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 6.2g 12 %
- Cholesterol 12mg 4 %
- Sodium 374mg 16 %
- Total Carbohydrates 26g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.0g 16 %
- Sugars 8.2g 0 %