Creamy Baked Onions
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There will only be tears of joy when you serve up these Creamy Baked Onions. It's a company-fancy side dish that is one of our most popular onion recipes.
What You'll Need
- 8 onions, peeled and cut in half horizontally
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place onions cut-side up in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Pour chicken broth over onions and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Bake uncovered 55 to 60 minutes, basting often.
- In a small bowl, combine heavy cream and flour; mix until smooth. Pour mixture over onions and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until the pan juices are thickened and onion tops are golden.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 150
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 4.2g 21 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 1.9g 4 %
- Cholesterol 20mg 7 %
- Sodium 410mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 12g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 4.7g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.