We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Eggplant is one of those vegetables that people always shy away from because they think it's too complicated to make...well, not anymore.
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized eggplant (1 to 1½ pounds), cut into large chunks
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped scallions or onions
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
What to Do
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; sauté the eggplant for about 5 to 8 minutes. Add the salt, pepper, garlic, and scallions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, water, and sugar. Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 10 more minutes, until the eggplant is soft.
To make this into an easy ratatouille, just cut a medium-sized zucchini and a medium-sized green bell pepper into chunks and add them with a 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes when you add the seasonings.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've got a hungry family, but not a whole lot of time, then this Quick-as-a-Wink Pasta recipe is just what you need. In about 15 minutes you can whip up this flavorful dish that's loaded with sausage, peppers, and onions. Just wait till you take your first bite!