Italian Zucchini and Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Top these veggies with other Italian cheeses, such as Parmigiano-Reggiano, an aged cheese with a complex, sharp flavor. Or try Romano, which has a sharp, tangy, and slightly salty flavor.
What You'll Need
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 2 pounds zucchini, cut into -inch slices (about 4 large)
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, sliced into 2-inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
What to Do
- Drain 1 can of tomatoes. Stir together drained tomatoes, the remaining can of undrained tomatoes, the zucchini, and next 3 ingredients in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 3 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon or, to enjoy the juices, serve in small bowls. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've made a rise 'n' shine pastry that you can enjoy with your morning cup of coffee that has...well, a twist to it! Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Twists are pretty enough to serve for a special brunch, but easy enough that anyone can make 'em. Plus, they feature everyone's favorite combo of chocolate and peanut butter!