Italian Zucchini and Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Top these veggies with other Italian cheeses, such as Parmigiano-Reggiano, an aged cheese with a complex, sharp flavor. Or try Romano, which has a sharp, tangy, and slightly salty flavor.
What You'll Need
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 2 pounds zucchini, cut into -inch slices (about 4 large)
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, sliced into 2-inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
What to Do
- Drain 1 can of tomatoes. Stir together drained tomatoes, the remaining can of undrained tomatoes, the zucchini, and next 3 ingredients in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 3 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon or, to enjoy the juices, serve in small bowls. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a light and fluffy quick bread that's perfect for the holiday season. Our Razzle-Dazzle Raspberry Bread is studded with lots of sweet red raspberries. This bread is pretty enough and tasty enough to give as a homemade gift, but easy enough to make anytime you're craving a "razzle-dazzling" treat.