Okra and Corn Skillet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mmm, once you taste this favorite Southern side dish packed with bacon, you'll be hooked! This homestyle recipe is guaranteed to be partnering with all kinds of main dishes on your dinner table throughout the year.
What You'll Need
- 5 slices bacon
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen sliced okra, thawed
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on a paper towel-lined platter then crumble and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the red pepper and scallions over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in okra, corn, tomato, salt, and black pepper, and cook 5 minutes, or until heated through. Stir in bacon and serve.
- Want even more "Quick & Easy" dinner recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Fuss-Free Meals: 35 Simple Skillet Recipes and One-Pot Recipes!
- If you enjoyed this easy corn recipe, be sure to check out our Country Corn Casserole!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The best home fries are still the ones made in diners, you know the places that are nicknamed "greasy spoons." There's just something special about the taste of potatoes slung around a sizzling hot grill and mixed with the flavors of eggs and bacon that can't be beat. Wait until you try these - they're a breakfast (or anytime) winner.