Orzo Stuffed Peppers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Pepper season is here and we're getting excited about "stuffing" ourselves at dinner! Thank goodness we've got this recipe for Orzo Stuffed Peppers. A lot of stuffed pepper recipes use bread crumbs as the main ingredient in their stuffing, but sometimes it's nice to get a change of texture; this orzo pasta offers just the right variation! There are a dozen ways to serve up peppers but this, by far, is a Test Kitchen favorite.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 (29-ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 green bell peppers, tops removed and cored
- 1/2 cup water
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, sausage, orzo, 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce, the basil, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper; mix well. Stuff bell peppers evenly with mixture.
- Stand peppers in a large pot and pour remaining tomato sauce over top. Pour water in bottom of pot, cover, and cook over medium-low heat 50 to 60 minutes, or until meat is cooked and peppers are tender.
Check This Out!
- Looking for more great ways to enjoy peppers? We suggest our Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Sandwich, our Fajita Burgers, or our Grilled Summer Veggies.
- For more ways to get stuffed, try our Crabmeat Stuffed Salmon, our Italian Stuffed Zucchini Boats, or our Cheesy Stuffed Herb Chicken.
- If you can't get enough rice, you need our Anytime Fried Rice, or our All-in-One Paella!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 376
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 14g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 5.0g 25 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 22g 43 %
- Cholesterol 55mg 18 %
- Sodium 501mg 21 %
- Total Carbohydrates 40g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.8g 15 %
- Sugars 4.7g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe comes straight to you from a galaxy far, far away, as we celebrate Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Disney's Hollywood Studios. If you head that way and explore the vast Star Wars galaxy, you might find yourself in Docking Bay 7 to fuel up. That's where we got the inspiration for our version of this Braised Shaak Roast. This hearty beef recipe teams up with cavatelli pasta and lots of veggies, for a flavor-packed combo that makes this hearty and comforting recipe something worth bringing home.