Ratatouille ("Garden Relish")
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We love making Ratatouille ("Garden Relish") in the summer, because it's loaded with lots of fresh summer veggies. This easy ratatouille recipe can be eaten hot or cold and served as an entree or side dish. No matter how you serve it up, the whole gang will love this traditional ratatouille recipe and beg for it again and again!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium onions, cut into half-moons
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat; sauté the garlic, bell peppers, and onions for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the eggplant and zucchini; mix well, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley, basil, and diced tomatoes; mix well.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients and heat for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
- It's okay to freeze this classic ratatouille recipe if you're thinking of making it ahead of time!
- Looking for more easy veggie recipes? Check out our collection of Easy Eggplant Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This homemade butter recipe is just what you need to bring a little country warmth into the kitchen at breakfast. Our Summer's Best Peach Butter is a sweet and creamy spread that will melt perfectly into warm biscuits. And since it's a slow cooker recipe, you just set it and come home saying "yum".