Refrigerator Cucumber Pickles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 8 cups
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
They'll think you're "as cool as a cucumber" for serving up these homemade pickles. Our recipe for Refrigerator Cucumber Pickles is a great make-ahead, old-fashioned recipe that's easy, fresh, and tasty!
What You'll Need
- 3 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons celery seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
What to Do
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine the cucumbers, onion, and bell pepper; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the remaining ingredients to a boil, stirring occasionally. Pour mixture over the vegetables and allow to cool completely.
- Cover and chill overnight before serving.
- For a little more color, feel free to use half a red bell pepper and half a green one.
- Have you tried our Southern Fried Pickles yet? If you haven't, we really recommend you do!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Not your usual kebabs, these Hot Dog Kebabs are fun and colorful, and they taste great, too! You'll love the flavor-packed sauce over bite-sized pieces of hot dogs, bell peppers, corn, and onions for a sure-fire hit with the kids and everybody!