We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Talk about a comforting side dish! Serve our creamy, rich Squash Bake, made with garden-fresh yellow squash, with any of your favorite main dishes to round out your meal with a healthy dose of good-for-you veggies.
What You'll Need
- 4 pounds yellow squash, diced
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cornflakes, coarsely crushed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, cook squash and onion in water over medium heat 15 minutes, or until tender; drain well.
- In a medium bowl, combine drained squash mixture, the soup, cheese, salt, and pepper; mix well then pour into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with crushed cornflakes and drizzle with melted butter. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until heated through and topping is golden.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.