We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Talk about a comforting side dish! Serve our creamy, rich Squash Bake, made with garden-fresh yellow squash, with any of your favorite main dishes to round out your meal with a healthy dose of good-for-you veggies.
What You'll Need
- 4 pounds yellow squash, diced
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cornflakes, coarsely crushed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, cook squash and onion in water over medium heat 15 minutes, or until tender; drain well.
- In a medium bowl, combine drained squash mixture, the soup, cheese, salt, and pepper; mix well then pour into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with crushed cornflakes and drizzle with melted butter. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until heated through and topping is golden.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
For a fresh and quick meal, whip up our Fresh Garden Pasta! Made with all the warm weather favorites, like zucchini, summer squash, and onion chunks, our garden veggie angel pasta is a flavorful symphony of flavors. Dig in to enjoy the combination of roasted veggies that rests beautifully on top of some angel hair pasta! But the best part of this summer pasta recipe? It's totally budget-friendly! Plus, you can easily swap out your roasted veggies based on what's in your kitchen or available at the local farmer's market.