Sweet and Spicy Caramelized Onions
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Some like it sweet, some like it spicy but everyone is sure going to love our easy recipe for Sweet and Spicy Caramelized Onions. The secret to this tasty marriage of flavors is sweet brown sugar and fiery hot ground red pepper. As a tasty onion topping, it cant be beat.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 large onions, peeled and cut in half, then cut into thin slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat until hot.
- Add onions and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt, red pepper, black pepper, and brown sugar; cook 2 to 3 more minutes.
Try these over one of our mouth-watering grilled steaks, creamy mashed potatoes, or just about anything!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which makes it a great time to encourage everyone you love to get screened and spread the word. Another way to help is to raise money towards breast cancer research by hosting a bake sale. Our Pink Velvet Truffles are a rich-tasting treat that they'll love!