Sweet and Spicy Caramelized Onions
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Some like it sweet, some like it spicy but everyone is sure going to love our easy recipe for Sweet and Spicy Caramelized Onions. The secret to this tasty marriage of flavors is sweet brown sugar and fiery hot ground red pepper. As a tasty onion topping, it cant be beat.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 large onions, peeled and cut in half, then cut into thin slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat until hot.
- Add onions and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt, red pepper, black pepper, and brown sugar; cook 2 to 3 more minutes.
Try these over one of our mouth-watering grilled steaks, creamy mashed potatoes, or just about anything!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad is tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises, so it's sure to be one of your favorite easy broccoli recipes for potluck parties! But nothing says you have to take this recipe to a party. This easy broccoli salad is perfect for summer lunches or as a fresh dinner dish. It has just the right amount of creamy flavor to make this broccoli salad a recipe you'll want to make again and again.