We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mmm, there's nothing quite as comforting as a warm, rich chowder. And this one's packed with healthy vegetables, so we feel good about that, too! One of the best vegetarian soup recipes out there, this chowder is sure to hit the spot when you're looking for something warm and creamy, with a touch of nutrition!
What You'll Need
- 3 quarts milk
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen sliced carrots
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups instant mashed potato buds or flakes
What to Do
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients except potato buds. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Turn heat to low, stir in potato buds, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.
Before You Start Cooking!
- You can add practically any other frozen veggies you'd like in here. We often add an extra package of broccoli and a package of frozen lima beans along with the others. And add more seasoning, less seasoning, or your favorite seasoning to make it your own! We know this dish will stand above other vegetatian soup recipes.
- If you're looking for other amazing ways to get in your serving of veggies, you're in luck! Check out our delicious collections:
Maybe you're looking for more of are warm and hearty soup recipes. Mr.Food's got what you need in our collection of Sensational Soup Recipes!
Probably the most traditional chowder is made with clams. Well, fish chowders were the forerunners of clam chowder. The chowders originally made by the early settlers differed from other fish soups because they used salt pork and ship’s biscuits. We feel luck to have all sorts of chowder options, even vegetarian soup recipes, in our kitchen today!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 254
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 3.8g 19 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 14g 28 %
- Cholesterol 23mg 8 %
- Sodium 450mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 37g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.1g 21 %
- Sugars 20g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!