Very Stuffed Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The Italians call these pomodori ripieni, which means "stuffed tomatoes". I call these a perfect summer pick-me-up great for any time of the year!
What You'll Need
- 3 large tomatoes, cut horizontally, seeds and juice removed and discarded
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and scrape out the centers with a spoon; chop the centers very fine and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper; mix well. Add the chopped tomatoes, butter, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce; mix well.
- Place the cored tomatoes into a 9" x 13" baking dish that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray and fill with the stuffing mix.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the centers are hot but the tomatoes are still holding their shape.
To remove the seeds and juice from the tomatoes, gently squeeze them after cutting horizontally. That's it! And if you use seasoned bread crumbs you can eliminate the salt and pepper.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad is tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises, so it's sure to be one of your favorite easy broccoli recipes for potluck parties! But nothing says you have to take this recipe to a party. This easy broccoli salad is perfect for summer lunches or as a fresh dinner dish. It has just the right amount of creamy flavor to make this broccoli salad a recipe you'll want to make again and again.