We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Got a minute? Because it doesn't take much longer than that to cook this fresh Wilted Spinach side veggie that will keep everyone coming back for seconds.
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds fresh spinach
- 3 bacon slices
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What to Do
- Remove stems from spinach. Wash leaves thoroughly, and pat dry with paper towels; tear into large pieces. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven until crisp. Remove bacon; drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in Dutch oven. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Sauté onion in hot drippings in pan over medium heat until tender. Add spinach, parsely, and remaining 4 ingredients; sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until spinach wilts and is tender. Top with crumbled bacon. Serve immediately.
Wilting spinach cooks it in a jiffy and leaves it oh-so fresh tasting. If you want a shortcut, buy 2 (10-ounce) bags of pre-washed spinach and skip the first step!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're taking you back to your cafeteria eatin' days with our recipe for Sloppy Joe Biscuit Bake. This easy casserole has so much old-fashioned taste, you're gonna be using the biscuits to soak up every last meaty and flavorful bite. Yum!