We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 26 Min
We call this zucchini recipe a "medley" because it incorporates so many colorful veggies that they all deserve to have star billing! Our Zucchini Medley is a fun one to bring to a potluck 'cause it'll complement a variety of dishes with ease. See when your local farmer's market has the freshest batch and plan your cooking accordingly. You just can't beat seasonal veggie dishes, wouldn't you agree?
What You'll Need
- 4 medium-sized zucchini
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can roasted garlic tomato sauce
- 2 white bread slices
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; cut halves crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Saute zucchini and onion in hot oil until tender. Combine zucchini mixture, tomato sauce, and next 3 ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 7- x 11-inch baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 18 minutes or until bubbly.
If you're not counting calories, top this with some cooked crumbled bacon. It's a nice finish for this tasty vegetable medley.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 148
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 3.6g 18 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.6g 11 %
- Cholesterol 14mg 5 %
- Sodium 341mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 8.1g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 3.9g 0 %